COLUMBUS, Ind. – Black Lives Matter of Columbus is now accepting entries for its “Back to School” writing contest for middle school and high school students. A $100 dollar scholarship will be awarded to one person from each age group. These scholarships will be given through Donell Sallard’s name to pay homage to the impact he had on this community, especially as a role model for children. The deadline to enter is July 23. The winner will be announced on July 31. Participants must live in Columbus, Indiana to enter.
How to enter:
Please email BLM of Columbus at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “BLMC Writing Contest – your name.”
Within the email:
- Your full name
- Your grade and school attended
- Title of writing prompt
- The essay should be at least 500-1000 words.
Writing prompts (choose 1)
- What does Black Lives Matter mean to you?
- What does Equity in the United States look like?
- Why is the Black Lives Matter movement important?