COLUMBUS, Ind.–Emergency crews from the Columbus Fire Department (CFD) responded to a call Tuesday afternoon at the new Indiana University Miller School of Architecture, on Second Street in Columbus. Captain Mike Wilson, public information officer for CFD, says that students noticed the odor of an electrical fire coming through the ventilation system, prompting an evacuation of the building that formerly housed The Republic.
When firefighters arrived, they used thermal imaging cameras to track down the source of the concern. Their search led them to the basement, where they discovered that an electrical relay had burned out. No injuries were reported, and the investigation is ongoing.