Electrical fire displaces Columbus woman

wallace-fire

COLUMBUS, Ind.–Firefighters from the Columbus Fire Department (CFD) were called to a residential fire in the 2200 block of Wallace Avenue on Thursday morning. CFD Captain Mike Wilson says responders from nearby Fire Station No. 3 arrived on the scene and reported light smoke coming from the single-story home. They quickly determined that all occupants were out of the house. As they made their way inside, no smoke nor fire was located in the home’s living space.

Firefighters attempted to gain access to the attic and discovered that smoke was coming from behind a bathroom wall. Investigators cut into the drywall to look for the heat source, finding only smoke, charring on the wood studs, and melted electrical wiring.

Bathroom and kitchen damage at the residence is estimated at $15,000.00. No injuries were reported. CFD says Murray will be temporarily displaced until repairs can be made on the electrical system of the house.

Related posts