COLUMBUS, Ind.–Local law enforcement officers have arrested nine people for illegal drug activity, many of whom are members or known associates of the Aryan Brotherhood group, after a year-long investigation which began in October 2017 with the arrests of two persons connected to that gang.
Officers from the Columbus Police Department and Bartholomew County Sheriff’s Department worked together on the inquiry which also included officers from the CPD Intelligence Led Policing Unit, CPD SWAT, Columbus/Bartholomew County Joint Narcotics Enforcement Team, CPD Detective’s Division, as well as the Indiana State Police, Indiana Department of Natural Resources and the Edinburgh Police Department.
Lt. Matt Harris, public information officer for the Columbus Police Department, detailed that this lengthy investigation focused on complaints of narcotics dealing, multiple burglaries and vehicle thefts in Bartholomew County, and also involved suspects attempting to sneak contraband into the Bartholomew County Jail.
Bartholomew County Prosecutor Bill Nash assigned Deputy Prosecutor Lindsey Holden Kay to work closely with law enforcement on the case. As a result of the investigation, the persons below were taken into custody on the following formal charges filed by the Bartholomew County Prosecutors Office. All suspects should be considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- Chelsie Harden, 30, Columbus–trafficking with an inmate, possession of methamphetamine, possession of a controlled substance, criminal gang activity, maintaining a common nuisance, possession of drug paraphernalia
- Jarred Parton, 26, Franklin–criminal gang activity, battery
- William Jacob Lustig, 38, Columbus–criminal gang activity, trafficking with an inmate, dealing in a Schedule III controlled substance, dealing in a Schedule IV controlled substance
- Brandon Jacobs, 28, Nashville–criminal gang activity, auto theft, intimidation, possession of an altered handgun, carrying a handgun without a license
- William “Corey” King, 35, Columbus–criminal gang activity, trafficking with an inmate
- David “Bub” Hadley, 35, Columbus–criminal gang activity, trafficking with an inmate
- Mary Craig, 22, Edinburgh–trafficking with an inmate, possession of methamphetamine, possession of a controlled substance
- William Stillabower, 33, Columbus–criminal gang activity, trafficking with an inmate
- Matthew Mowery, 22, Austin–possession of methamphetamine, unlawful possession of a syringe