COLUMBUS, Ind. – The Columbus Department of Public Works is gearing up for warmer weather with its compost/chipper program entitled, “Spring Sweep.” It begins Monday, March 18, and runs through Friday, March 29.
During this two-week period, you will not have to use your green compost toter. You may rake loose leaves, grass, pine needles to the curb for pickup the same day as your trash collection. Leaf vacs will be collecting loose debris.
Beginning April 1, yard waste debris must be in your green, yard waste toter. Here is a list of the rules for compost starting April 1:
- Compost toters and brush collected the same day as your trash
- Small piles of tree limbs are to be stacked next to the curb
- Grass, leaves, flowers & garden debris go in compost toters
nothing woody goes in the GREEN COMPOST toters
- One armful of brush or small sticks can go in your brown trash toter
- Call 812-376-2509 for large piles of brush to be picked-up
- Please have toters and brush out by 7 a.m.
Any questions or more information, call 812-376-2509 or visit the Department of Public Works website, www.columbus.in.gov.