COLUMBUS, Ind. – One of the longest established Bartholomew County automobile dealerships has a new name and new owners. The former Renner Ford, on North National Road, is now known as Ford of Columbus.
Longtime local businessperson Lisa Renner had owned the Ford name in town for decades. Leo Portaluppi and his partners, Bob and Karen Lang, purchased 50 percent of the business and Bob Poynter bought the other half. Portaluppi owns Chevrolet of Columbus, next to Sam’s Club on the west side of town. Bob Poynter owns the Chrysler and Hyundai dealerships located next door to the new Ford of Columbus on National Road.
The Ford franchise is the only one in Bartholomew County that has been consistently in operation since 1948.